About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Merry Christmas (Day 2)


Our family room boasts the "big tree." Originally my mother's, now ours. This is what we call the "Children's Tree." It is housed within the "Children's Room" as far as Christmas decorations are concerned (you'll see what I mean in days to come). This tree is filled with Santas and snowmen and anything we think will make a child's eyes grow wide with wonder. 

This year, after I'd finished decorating the room, our 2-year-old grandson Vonche' came over with his mommy. As soon as he saw the tree, he ran over, pointed to this ornament and said, "Wooooooooow!" For the remainder of the evening, he'd periodically stop what he was doing, return to the tree, and stare.

Oh, to be a child at Christmas again!

This rather large ornament was found in a church's thrift store in a small town on the way to Cedar Key, Florida. I think I paid $2 for it, but for me, it's worth a million for the memory it now holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment