About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday's Recipe of the Week

At one time in my young married life, I was the queen of cooking with Bisquick. I highly recommend it for fast and delicious!

This recipe is one I used to make at least once a week (my poor family; I've never been one for variety!) See what you think!


Impossible Cheeseburger Pie

Ingredients

1 lb. ground beef
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cups Bisquick
3 eggs

Directions

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease pie plate (use Pam or something like it!). Cook and stir ground beef and onion until beef is brown. Drain. Stir in salt and pepper. Spread in pie pan. Sprinkle with cheese. Beat remaining ingredients until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high speed or 1 minute with hand beater. Pour into pie pan. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate any remaining pie. Serves 6 to 8.

Note: Use a pie plate that is 10 x 1 1/2 inches. If your pie pan is 9x1 1/4, decrease milk to 1 cup, baking mix to 1/2 cup and eggs to 2.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment