About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Musings on All Things Southern

Last week, as I was writing about catsup bottles, I found myself having to deal with the little squggly red line under the word "catsup." Meaning, this is not the way you spell it.

Well, I knew it was. So, I looked it up. And lo and behold, you will not believe what I found. There was actually a Supreme Court case on this issue. Ketchup v. Catsup.

If you don't believe me, read about it here: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ketchup_v._Catsup

Hey, now. A true Southerner will go to war over how to spell catsup ... er ... ketchup!

[ Tell me what you think and enter your name in the weekly drawing for a book from my bookshelf. Last week's winner is Donna Tinsley! Donna, send me an email with your mailing address and whether you prefer fiction or non.]

3 comments:

  1. I think that is Awesome! My name is Angela and I am from KY
    angelac(at)mchsi(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva, I was just going to post on FB that I am in the middle of reading my first Robert Benson book, "Between the Dreaming and the Coming True" and found that I am a winner! Thank you, so much! If it is one of his, I'll take non-fiction but if not, I would love any fiction that you pick:) And about his writing, "Wow!" I wonder where he has been all my life? Thank you for telling me about him!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I don't give away my Benson books! :)

    ReplyDelete