About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday's Talk About A Book

First, let me apologize, again, for not having the recipe up yesterday. When I share this news (below) you'll understand why I have been a little stressed in the time department.

We have long heard about books becoming screenplays becoming movies. And sometimes stage plays become movies (think Steel Magnolias and Loving Leah).

But there's a new movement that is seeing movies become books. In Christian circles, we can quickly name movies-to-books like Fireproof by my new friend Eric Wilson and Courageous by (someone I've met twice) Randy Alcorn. There's also The Nativity Story by by precious friend Angela Hunt.

Well, now there's going to be another one! Unconditional by Eva Marie Everson! I am so excited I can hardly sit down. And yet, sit down I must. I'm writing like a maniac. Like a writer on three pots of coffee (which isn't that hard to imagine, actually).

So, let me tell you about Unconditional. It's based on the true story of Papa Joe Bradford, a remarkable man of God. The screenplay was written by Brent McCorkle, who also directed the film. I "met" the producers, agent, etc. (by phone or email) before I received the screenplay and movie. And I can tell you that I know that I know is that these men and women love God and want to bring His message through story to the world.

They've chosen a powerful one in Unconditional.


I could sit here and type all day on my feelings for this film, this story, and the huge honor of being allowed to write the novelization for it. (But then I wouldn't be working, now would I?) So to do this any justice, I'm going to encourage you to go to the website (www.UnconditionaltheMovie.com). Take some time. Study the pages. Watch the trailer. Tell me what you think.

Write those comments here and register to win a book from my bookshelf in this week's drawing. And remember, "it's not a dead end, if it takes you someplace you need to go."

Blessings ...

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't be happier for someone! How awesome and how hopeful for the rest of us:) You know I want to be like you when I grow up, except I am older than you. Maybe I'll adopt you as another daughter.

    http://thornrose7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete