About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday's Talk About the Book

We've had a busy week this week with Chasing Sunsets, which releases in about a month.


I'm talking to the publishing house, Baker/Revell, about a book trailer and loads of other marketing ideas. They also posted to their website the opening pages. Tell me what you think: http://www.bakerpublishinggroup.com/Media/MediaManager/Excerpt_9780800734367.pdf

Last week I went away for a few days to work on book two. In less than 24 hours, I wrote 10,000 words.

TEN THOUSAND WORDS! I came home pooped!

This week, I'm researching life in the late 50s and early 60s in Cedar Key. It's a daunting task, believe me. This little island off the west coast of Florida has been so badly beaten over the years. Hurricanes. Wars. Industries that closed down, leaving little income for the residents.

But Cedar Key refuses to be destroyed. She resurrects herself time and again. It was in the 60s that things really started to turn around for her when someone got smart and said, "Let's have an arts festival." Cedar Key was about to become the artist's getaway. The decade before a "beach" (City Park) was built. In 1957 "Ma Bell" (Southern Bell) brought in a phone system. In 1958, the first restaurant was established.

Oh! That brought such joy to this little southern writer's heart! You see, one of my protags (main characters) is a restaurateur. He will establish his restaurant in 1960/1961. This is so pivotal to the plot of the book, I cannot tell you!

In two weeks I'm going to Cedar Key to film some promotional footage about the island, some of my favorite places, etc. So, get ready to see that. I'm jazzed!

Until next time.

Write on...

Eva Marie Everson, Author
Cedar Key Novels (Baker/Revell)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I liked Mariette and Thayne. Is that it for them?

    ReplyDelete