About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wednesday's Recipe of the Week (one day late...)

Ripe Tomato Relish


Ingredients & Directions:


3 pt. ripe tomatoes, cut in small pieces
1 large bell pepper, chopped
     or, 2 small seeded hot peppers
2 medium onions, chopped
1-1/2 pt. vinegar
2 cups sugar

Cook until mixture is low, then add:

2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ginger

Cook about 5 or 10 minutes longer, put in jars and seal.

Makes 3 pints.

(Add this to your next meatloaf recipe! Put a cup of relish in the meat mixture, top with another 1/2 cup and bake according to your recipe. Yum!)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it might be good to give for Christmas gifts, too, but I bet you don't have any spare time for that. Now, I'm hungry for meatloaf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love your recipes, I'm from Texas and only know how to cook southern and love adding a new recipes to family gatherings.

    I love relish, just canned onion and pepper relish for my son. Turned out pretty good for a first try, so I know this will be a success with my family and friends.

    Thanks again,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete