About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What We Sleep Through

My dogs woke me at a little after 6 this morning.

I'd tell you to "go outside," but the truth is, my beagle would rather eat than take care of Mother Nature. I fed her, of course, and I took her out as well. As we neared the the sliding glass doors leading to the patio, I noticed the moon, full and brilliant, shining on the lake, which has been turbulent in the wind of late.

The sight was so spectacular, I had to go back inside to get my camera. It was too early and I was too tired to get the "really good camera." The "still quite good" camera was on the dining room table, anyway.
I wasn't sure if the lens could capture what I saw. But I tried. And I returned inside thinking, "What do I miss when I sleep?"

We have to sleep sometimes. And goodness knows I get little of it. But I couldn't help but wonder, what if I'd decided to say to the dogs, "Go back to sleep," turn over and do the same? What wonder of God would I have missed? 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting insight. Now I wonder how I will sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete