About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday's Recipe of the Week

Another recipe from Miss Betty's* Daily Diary Cookbook...I remember Mother making this...


Oven Fried Chicken


Ingredients


1 Fryer cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup butter or margarine
Flour
Salt
Pepper

Directions


Put butter or margarine in bottom of baking pan. Place in 400 degree oven and melt. Mix flour, salt, pepper in a paper bag. Add a few pieces of chicken and shake until well coated. Place in pan, skin side down, in a single layer. Bake 30 minutes, uncovered. Turn chicken skin side up and cook 30 minutes or until tender.


(Miss Betty was my mother. These are the recipes I found in her penmanship, written in a Sexton's Daily Diary from c. 1955.)

No comments:

Post a Comment