About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Musings on All Things Southern


Hey, y'all!

It's time for another game of Who Am I?

I was born on Christmas Day, 1946 in Pascagoula, Mississippi. Southern born, baby! I'm known more for my singing and my songwriting, but I've also written three #1 best sellers. 

I am one of only eight authors to have accomplished reaching #1 on both the fiction and the nonfiction best-seller lists. Among the other seven were Ernest Hemingway, John Steinbeck, and Dr. Seuss.

One of my fiction titles is Tales of Margaritaville (okay, that probably gives me away!). My best-selling nonfiction work is titled A Pirate Looks at Fifty. Not to try to overly impress you, but I have also co-written two children's books with my eldest daughter, Savannah.

Who am I?

11 comments:

  1. Don't forget to comment in order to enter for the drawing at the end of the week!

    Eva Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy Buffet - Going to my first Buffet concert on Jan. 31st - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - It's Jimmy Buffet - just that "Cheeseburger in paradise." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimmy Buffet! Hope you have a great week, Eva Marie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And his indefatigable fans are called...(she asks, hiding the multi-colored bird hat...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimmy Buffet! Jimmy Buffet! A cruise ship favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could tell by the photo, James William "Jimmy" Buffett! Even my kids like his concerts!
    Dorie Runyon (biography,comedy,historical romance, ispirational).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jimmy Buffet! "If I Could just get it on paper, I might make some sense of it all." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an easy one - Jimmy Buffet!

    ReplyDelete