About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wednesday Southern-style Recipe of the Week

Portobello Mushrooms for Four
(Yum, Yum Marinated!)



Ingredients:
4 large portobello mushroom caps
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tbs. dark soy sauce
4 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 cup cooking wine


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400
In a baking dish, mix cooking wine, olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic. Place mushroom caps upside donw in the marinade. Marinate 15 minutes.
Cover dish, place in oven. Bake 25 minutes. Turn mushrooms and continue baking 8 minutes.


 Have you ever had marinated portobello mushrooms? I remember one evening, my daughter and I (she was then 16) and I were at a friend's lovely estate in Georgia. He prepared marinated portobello mushrooms as an appetizer before dinner. We sat out on a deck where candles lit the way and a babbling brook ran behind us. An amazing evening with a good friend.

Tell me what you think!

Remember, by commenting, you place yourself in the running to win a book from my bookshelf!

8 comments:

  1. I think the recipe for Portobello Mushrooms sounds delicious. I've only had the sauteed Portobello Mushrooms and they are good too. I'm always in the market to try a new recipe. Yum! Yum!

    Blessings!
    Judy
    judyjohn2004[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrumptious. I've had them with goat cheese and pine nuts sprinkled in at the end and broiled for just a minute. Divine. And Eva, thank you again so much for the potluck cookbook. It was waiting for me when I arrived in the US and I really enjoyed perusing it - can't wait to try some of the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love mushrooms! I just never take time to prepare them. With this recipe, I will have no trouble.
    Now if I just had the Southern estate, babbling brook and candle light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful! Probably one of those things I wouldn't cook, especially since Roger doesn't like mushrooms, but would love for someone to fix me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your mushroom recipe. Its only 8 am here in south Texas and my mouth is watering. Yes! Also Portobello mushrooms marinated and grilled make great sandwiches. You can eat them like a hamburger and put Swiss cheese on top or whatever you top your burger with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds good. I love mushrooms. My hubby doesn't, but I could eat them any old way. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann, I LOVED grilled mushrooms prepared and eaten like hamburger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had marinated portobellos, but it sounds delish! Especially while sipping sweet tea on the porch - in a rocking chair, of course.

    And BTW I absolutely loved Things Left Unspoken. You really have the Southern voice down pat.

    ReplyDelete