About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Friday, August 29, 2014

17 Days, 45,813 Words to Go

I pretty much spent my birthday writing. That's okay. I'm so into the world of the Five Brides, I find it difficult to live in the present anyway.

Night before last, I deliberately left one of my characters, Inga, at a crossroad so that I could be anxious to get up yesterday morning and write. As I made my breakfast I allowed the conversation she was having with Francis to play out in my head. Thinking I had it pretty much "down," I went into my office to type.

Okay, so I knew that they would have dinner together and I knew that she would give him some important information at the dinner. What I didn't count on was them walking into a Middle Eastern restaurant.

What Inga is wearing on the date.

And that, my friends, changed the story.

Crazy, I know ... but it did.

Let me share a few of the websites that helped me dress Inga and Francis in the pictures to the left and below. Okay, ladies, don't you LOVE the shoes? I mean, this is from a 1952 ad, but wouldn't you love to slip your feet into some of those right now? I know I would ...


When Francis  buttons his suit coat over a plaid vest, this is what it looks like.

Inga is wearing  the black slipper shoes on the bottom left.



1 comment: