About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Friday, August 22, 2014

23 Days, 30,890 Words To Go

It's the middle of the day and I'm far from done, but I had to share with you what's happening here in WriterWorld.

First, the last two days have been a struggle in the writing department. I wrote, yes, but I hated nearly every word. I couldn't seem to get away from the fact that I only had between 30- and 40,000 words left to tell my story. I know that for some of you, the notion of writing that number of words is tantamount to getting a root canal. But for the writer of fiction, as he or she dashes toward the end ... the finale ... the denouement ... it's horrifying.

I told my husband this morning that I could hardly sleep for worrying over it. He said, "You have five women and, let's say, 40,000 words. That's 8,000 per character."

I suddenly felt better.

Then I got an email  from fellow author, Sandie Bricker, who penned: YOU CAN DO IT.

I got back into the story with new vigor!

Today I did a little research on what folks listened to on the radio in 1952 on a Sunday night. I came across The Big Show with Tallulah Bankhead as the lovely hostess. I also listened to some of the broadcasts. Check out #29 ... this is the one I "referenced" in Five Brides. It's all of 30 minutes and it'll make you want to go back to a simpler time. Check it out HERE.

More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment