About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

26 Days, 36,827 Words to Go

MY INSPIRATION FOR MAGDA
(CAN YOU NAME THE ACTRESS?)
Now, when I tell you that I only wrote roughly 750 words today, you'll think I failed in my quest to get at least 1,500 penned each day. But the truth is, I took part in an online Word Weavers critique group from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., then had a session with another writer at 11:00 ... then had an editing project to do ... then a private session with one of my coaching clients from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and then I listened in on a Christian Writers Guild webinar offered by Jeff Gerke from 8:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.

And, I edited 7,500 words of Five Brides, so really ... it was a banner day.

But, let's talk about the 750.

I realized this afternoon that I have five young women in 1952 who have yet to meet the men they are going to marry and only, roughly, 40,000 words to make that happen. I've got some speed writing to do!

Not that we want to rush love and marriage. Oh, no ... but ... don't panic, Eva. Do. Not. Panic. You can do this. You can. All you have to do is get off the roof without jumping and ... write.

Whew. So ... now I'm all about getting these five women to the man of their dreams. And to the altar. In one dress.

We begin with Magda. She's already met Mr. Right ... she just doesn't know it yet. :) Can't wait to tell her!

Ah ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment