About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

25 Days to Go, 35,962 Words To Go

Inspiration for Inga
Today I edited (down) some of what I'd already written and then charged ahead, writing about 1600 words by the end of the day. It's 8:34 p.m. and I'm calling it a night.

Gosh, I hate writing the "bad stuff," but Inga (Magda's sister) is about to make a big mistake. She's not the first in the world to do so, but it makes me sad when my characters take wrong paths.

She'll learn, though.

I just hope I can see it through within the next 36,000 words! Not to mention what must take place with Magda, Joan, Betty, and Evelyn.

Poor Evelyn ... talk about misguided!

I called my agent today. Rather, he called me after I sent a text that read: Call me. Told him I may have to try to squeeze in at least another 5,000 words. So, really ... this blog should be titled 25 Days to Go, 41,962 words to go. That's 1679 words a day. No slacking off.

I can do it ... as long as life leaves me alone. :)

By the way, that's Inga up there. Can you name the actress I've been inspired by? The first to do so will win a copy of this book when it releases!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Looks like I am second. She looks a lot like Ingrid Bergman.
      - Gary Sorrells

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure that's Judy Garland. I'm excited to read the book after these tasty tidbits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne Baxter? How many times can we guess? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. After all the old movies I have been watching lately, one would think I would know right away. I am taking a guess at Ann Blyth.

    Keep up the good writing. You will make the deadline. :-) Looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone! Sorry I missed answering this last night ... I wasn't feel well and I went to bed early. Which means I didn't get a lot done in the writing department either. But ... Miss TimeSing (Gotta be Lora Zill!!), you are the winner! It is indeed Anne Baxter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time Sing is indeed your humble fellow writer and old movie lover, Lora Zill. Great! Thanks!

      Delete