About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

27 Days, 37,553 Words to Go!

(For your listening pleasure, as you read the remainder of today's blog, go to: GLENN MILLER, In The Mood)

So, yesterday Magda made a big decision, which will have great impact on her life.

She also made a great argument against Karl Marx's line: Religion is the opium of the people.

In the beginning of my planning and plotting, Magda had such a small, insignificant role and now she's carrying such weight. Her lines of dialogue are incredibly deep. I love her!

Here's another thing that happened ... Magda is having a conversation with her boss that is going to change her life, but she doesn't know it. Not yet, anyway. I do, but she doesn't.

Looking back on your own life, can you think of a time when foundations of the most significance were being laid, but you didn't realize it? Let's talk about it!


1 comment:

  1. I have a 40’s soul. I love music and movies from that era. I'm looking forward to reading "Five Brides". I collect sheet music from the 1930-40’s. On a recent spring trip to Savannah we stopped halfway in Walterboro, SC. We soon discovered it is a mecca of antique shops. We stopped in the first store and my eyes were drawn to a leather-bound "Glenn Miller and His Orchestra Limited Edition Collection". It includes a bio of Glenn Miller and twenty-eight 45 EP (extended play) records. They look as if they have never been played. There are 2-3 recorded songs from 1939-1942 on each side including some live broadcast of the orchestra. Glenn Miller died in 1944. "The Glenn Miller Story" was released in 1954 the year I was born. It starred James Stewart and is one of my favorite movies. I still cry when I watch it. Eva, I love the storyline for your new book.

    ReplyDelete