About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday Musings on All Things Southern

How do you celebrate this great day in our nation's history?

Do you tell your children about it? Do you remind them of why we celebrate? Have you shared the story--the real story--to the older ones? Have you expressed the real sacrifice that was made during the Revolutionary War?

If you have not had a chance to see America, The Story of Us, I highly suggest you do. Watch it with your children or your grandchildren. I watched it with our youngest and was absolutely dumbfounded at the things I did not know. Reminded of the things I did. Made proud at them both.

We live in a great country. Whether you hail from the North, the East, the West or the South...whether you are Democrat or Republican, Independent or Tea...this country, with all it's problems, is still a great country.

I encourage you to say one thing today...just one...to your children or your grandchildren about the "land of the free and the home of the brave." One thing that will tell them why this country is great. They've probably heard you plenty of times fussing about this or that. Now, tell them one reason why they can hold their shoulders back, tilt their chin up, and say, "I am an American."

No comments:

Post a Comment