About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wednesday's Recipe of the Week

Another recipe from Miss Betty's* Daily Diary Cookbook


Jello Whip



Ingredients

2 packages jello, raspberry
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup apple sauce
2 stiffly beaten egg whites

Directions


Mix two packages jello and pour into dessert dishes to congeal. Mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice with 1 cup apple sauce and fold into 2 stiffly beaten egg whites. Put on top of jello.

(Miss Betty was my mother. These are the recipes I found in her penmanship, written in a Sexton's Daily Diary from c. 1955.)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting! I might have to try this for something different. Just recently shared the spoon bread recipe that I loved so much with my mother who, although also reared in the south, had never had or made spoon bread! :)

    ReplyDelete