About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday's Musing on All Things Southern

Okay, y'all ... so here's what happened. I was looking for a video for TUESDAY'S SOUTHERN-STYLE TUNES when I saw this little clip "over to the side" of the screen.

I laughed until I hurt. Oh, heaven's above ... to all those who are NOT Southerners ... yeah, I mean ... I know folks who could tell this story, too. AND ... I have feet with fire ant bites on them right now ... but not for the same reason. I have them from putting the boat back in the water and standing in a bed.

Oh well. Y'all enjoy, then tell me if you have a fire ant story ...


3 comments:

  1. Oh.my.goodness! That was SO funny! I've only encountered fire ants once and it was when visiting my grandparents in Houston. I'm always barefoot, if possible, and was standing in their yard when my feet started stinging. I had no idea what it was, but quickly moved and got them off of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my brother was a toddler, he SAT in a bed of them while we were at our grandmother's house. I can still hear him scream! My mother scooped him up, ran in the house, and put him in a tub of running water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too stinkin' hilarious!! Thanks for sharing. I love Kellie Pickler (don't know her personally), and am proud to say that I'm from Albemarle too!!

    ReplyDelete