About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Southern born, Southern reared. It's a quirky place and we are unique folk... These are my people and these are my stories.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday's Talk About a Book

Today I'm going to navigate you to a couple of other websites. But, before I do that, I want to tell you something amazing.

Sometimes, when God places these book ideas in my head--these story lines--I just see a story. My life has always been like this. I see something, hear something, taste something, touch something, and even smell something ... and a story forms. Sometimes I get only a shred of the story. Sometimes the story goes on and on, forming details I couldn't come up with on my own in a hundred years of Sundays.

So, I know this is God, blessing me again with this marvelous gift.

When the story for Chasing Sunsets came to me, I was in Cedar Key, sitting on the bed, talking to my friend Janice Elsheimer, who sat on the nearby sofa. Outside our rented condo, the Gulf's water lapped against the sand of the beach. People walked to and fro. Gulls cawed. Fishermen hollered. And the late summer breeze moved the palm fronds.

I thought it was just a story. And then, on another trip, I thought it was a story about a father's love ...

...and then ...

http://seekerville.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-does-it-feel-to-be-fhlirca-finalist.html


And now for a cool announcement: Chasing Sunsets took first place at the RWA Faith, Hope & Love chapters IRCAs last night.

For more information: http://www.faithhopelove-rwa.org/irc_winners_2012.html

2 comments: